Hot off the press!09 Nov, 2018 Press
This week has seen Advent of Change appear far and wide, with a number of exciting press, blog and even radio features. We’re over the moon to see our unique twist on the festive countdown capturing the imagination of so many people. A big thank you to everyone who has joined our mission to change the world this Christmas!
In our latest blog post we look at who has been talking about Advent of Change this week...
The Telegraph – '24 best charity Christmas presents for gifts that give back'
"Everyone loves opening the doors of an advent calendar, especially if there's a treat hidden behind each one. But the Advent of Change calendar is turning the idea upside down and instead of receiving something every day of December, you can help give to a whole host of charities instead."
The Evening Standard – ‘The best alternative advent calendars for Christmas 2018’
“2018 has produced some of the best alternative advent calendars we've ever seen.”
Harper's Bazaar – ‘Christmas Gift Guide: best subscription and membership gifts’
“If Christmas is about goodwill to all mankind, then this unique present is one to invest in. Rather than receiving something each day, you give something – 24 different gifts, to 24 incredible charities.”
House Beautiful – 'New reverse advent calendar helps you do your bit for charity this Christmas'
"What if, instead of opening your advent calendar window and finding another piece of chocolate this Christmas, you could help someone in need or make a difference to the planet instead? New charitable advent calendar Advent of Change does just that."
"Over the 24 days, you'll help provide shelter for a homeless person, medicine for a sick child and protect our marine life, amongst other good causes. So you're giving rather than receiving which, after all, is the true spirit of Christmas."
This week we were mentioned "on air" not once, but twice! Chris Evans mentioned Advent of Change during his Breakfast Show on BBC Radio 2, saying "It's brilliant!" Click here to listen to a clip.
Plus, our founder, Kristina, was also interviewed on BBC Coventry and Warwickshire on Wednesday night – listen here.
- UK Fundraising – 8 fundraising products supporting good causes
- Give As You Live – The ultimate charity advent calendar
- Warwickshire CAVA – First of its kind charity advent calendar launched
- Help Our Best Men – Charity advent calendar launched
- The Business Magazine – Accountants Haines Watts support the ‘first of its kind’ charity advent calendar
- Pretty Green Life Blog – Top picks: ethical advent calendars
We were also delighted to receive endorsements from lifestyle vlogger Niomi Smart, TV presenter, DJ and model Vogue Williams (Matthews) and reality star and influencer Tyla Carr. Niomi voiced her support for Advent of Change, saying, "I think it's such a great idea – I love how we can be helping people every single day throughout December, it's a great initiative." Vogue also agreed that it is "a fantastic way to be more charitable at Christmas”, while Tyla enthused: "It's a really lovely thing to do at Christmas time."
Charities and sponsors:
- CHICKS – https://www.chicks.org.uk/blog/article/135/advent-of-change
- Parenting Project – http://parentingproject.org.uk/advent-change-calendar/
- Haines Watts – https://www.hwca.com/accountants-worcester/haines-watts-proud-to-support-advent-calendar-with-a-difference/
- Dallaglio RugbyWorks – http://www.dallagliorugbyworks.com/604-advent-of-change
- Octagon – https://www.octagon.co.uk/2018/octagon-to-lend-support-to-advent-of-change/#.W-Rzef77QWo
Stay tuned for more press features over the coming weeks – including an interview with Holly Branson. Here's a sneak peak of Holly and Kristina in the John Lewis Christmas Lodge in Oxford Street.